[Magdalen] Travel Plans

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 22:32:26 UTC 2018

Alex and I decided to bite the bullet and make 2018 our year of travel.
(OK, it helps a LOT that USAA is very generous with employee bonuses! And,
as a company, we had a very good year in 2017.) More importantly, we've
been planning and saving for some time as well.

So, we will be in Mexico City the week of March 12. Alex's first cousin is
having her first baby on or about that week so we are hoping to meet little
Victoria as well as do some site seeing. Alex and his cousin, Moni, are
only 6 months apart in age and were very close as children so he really
wants to meet his new cousin when she is born. I'm glad because, even
though I've been there several times, I've never been able to visit any of
the attractions.

Then, in June we're going to England, Portugal and Spain. We arrive in
London on the 9th. We are staying with a group of friends in a house
outside Lisbon the following week and the week after that, we're on our own
in Spain. We are thinking about an overnight in Paris on our way out of
England but we'll have to see. I don't want to spend too much of our time
in transit. We'll be back in SA on the 30th.

Recommendations are definitely being accepted for one or both trips!
Hopefully, a listmeet or two will be possible as well.

Peace, Rick