[Magdalen] Fathers' Day. USA 17 June.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jun 6 02:39:19 UTC 2018

I realize that January of this year, 2018, made it 60 years (SIXTY YEARS!)
since I have seen my father [b. 1880), much less wish him a Happy Fathers' Day.
I had an inkling, as did he, that when I saw him that last visit, it would be
our last, and we were right.  I had no more than just arrived at my UW-Madison
dormitory 325 miles south of my home town when the phone rang with the
fateful news.  Then it was back up the highways (no freeways during those
years) for the funeral.  My father had made some financial arrangements
for my finishing medical school, and he did know I had been accepted
at UW Medical School.  My mother had also returned to a high school
teaching job.  The upshot of those arrangements, and my working for
the State Highway Commission, courtesy of my Uncle Ellis, an engineer
for the Commission, was that I never had to deal with student loans
TBTG.

David S - Aware that Fathers' Day is 17 June 18.