[Magdalen] Rain!

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 16:49:18 UTC 2018

We've had 8.4 inches of rain (still raining lightly) in the past 24 hours.

We are high in the watershed, the area is underlaid by solid rock,
water tends to visit us for a short period on its rapid way
downstream. We have a new 'volunteer' stream that bisects our septic
field. We have a slowly-falling oak drooping towards our back deck and
driveway (cannot tell if it is being held up by branches or hope?).
Our pond filled to the highest it's ever been, but the pond outlet (so
far) has held up and we still have a pond.

Landline phone is out. Power, cell phone, and broadband routers are
working for us (yes, 2 routers, 2 companies, 2 protocols, backup
needed). The main road north & south of us was blocked for a while
(tree down north, bridge nearly under water south).

Given the precarious nature of the soil cover on our rocks, I hope and
pray no one is hurt or lost.

hugs - Cady