[Magdalen] My favorite name...recently

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 04:59:55 UTC 2018

Couldn’t resist adding this which someone just emailed me -

>>> Sitting by the window of her convent one evening, Sister Barbara opened a letter from home.
>>> Inside the letter was a $100 bill her parents had sent. Sister Barbara smiled at the gesture.
>>> As she read the letter by the window, she noticed a shabbily dressed stranger leaning against the lamp post below.
>>> Quickly, she wrote, "Don't despair. - Sister Barbara," on a piece of paper, wrapped the $100 bill in it,
>>> got the man's attention and tossed it out the window to him.
>>> The stranger picked it up, and with a puzzled expression and a tip of his hat, went off down the street.
>>> The next day, Sister Barbara was told that a man was at her door, insisting on seeing her.
>>> She went down, and found the stranger waiting. Without a word, he handed her a huge wad of $100 bills.
>>> "What's this?" she asked.
>>>
>>> "That's the $8,000 you have coming Sister,” he replied. "Don't Despair paid 80-to-1."
Lynn

On Mar 7, 2018, at 10:41 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon <mjl at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

I know this thread has, ahem, devolved a bit.  But, hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzEciiJesE

Priceless.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.