[Magdalen] Interesting Times

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 9 19:16:03 UTC 2018

>>>Wang<<<

My order of computer evolution was (via work, after college whereat I used an Atari STWriter):

IBM mainframe (w/ control knob under the all-metal keyboard for the "volume")
Wang
IBM PC

A funny early work memory.  At Riverside County Planning, when I was being shown around during my pre-perm-Kelly-Temp time, the lady giving me the tour pointed to a big barrel filled with recycle paper.  Apparently at that time, or just in that place, colored paper wasn't recyclable.  So, when I was informed what it was and what it was for and (importantly for the story) what it was unoffically yet generally called, she kinda paused, and with obvious but "how could one extricate oneself by that point?" discomfort, told me "And that's the White Trash".  She was African-american.  A strange, never-to-be-forgotten moment.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.