[Magdalen] Wedding?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat May 19 17:08:54 UTC 2018

On 19/05/2018 16:04, cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> I have a question about a Nuptial Eucharist.  I vaguely recall at
> the time of the wedding of Charles and Di that the custom was
> to have the marriage couple go off somewhere private for a
> Nuptial Communion.  Is that still the custom, and did Harry and
> Megan get a marriage communion before or after the televised
> liturgy?

Generally a marriage service does not include communion. There is an
order for Holy Matrimony within the Eucharist but that is more
instructions on how to bring the two together. The Coronation, though,
is as you say set within the context of a celebration of Holy Communion
as the monarch is Supreme Governor of the Church of England.

Roger