[Magdalen] My tips to the BBC for today

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 15:07:57 UTC 2018

Agreed. And "Michigan" is short for "The University of Michigan,"
especially within the State of Michigan, where it makes more sense than
outside the state. "My daughter is a student at Michigan."

Somehow the short form "Michigan University" for the University of Michigan
(and others similarly named) never caught on over here. Except of course
for universities actually named that way, like Ohio University or Indiana
University, in which case there's never the long form (The University of
Ohio...not).

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA