[Magdalen] McCain funeral...

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 18:48:30 UTC 2018

I was thinking about the times I've spent a whole day
(even a whole night)
doing something with real intent.
Metaphorical pilgrimages and real ones.
(The nephew seems to do the same thing with some football contests.)
So I guess I have nothing but respect for a faith and a culture
that happily spends a whole day together
in mourning and in celebration.
It seems both wise and healthy to me.
We should do more of it.
-M

PS: the nephew has an altar to Tom Brady in his room,
complete with framed photos, a Patriots jersey, and candles.
The religion gene has been passed to a new generation I guess