[Magdalen] McCain funeral...

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 1 20:31:34 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----

I agree, but I have much more patience with the length of McCain's celebration than Aretha's.

I am  happier with the OCA/ Russian All Night Vigil that lasts about 2 hours or so (more with greater rejoicing) and then the full liturgy with TeDeum which may take 4 hours, usually.. 2.5 than the literal all night vigil from Mount Athos

Now I notice that every jurisdiction includes a Trapeza. I was impressed with the Trapeza at the Jordan after the theophany Great Blessing of the Waters. Lots of fabulous mid east cuisine after a goodly time in church.

I still remember Bud's comment on the Patriarchal Liturgy in Moscow, 'Now those people had church..."

I can listen to music for a good while, the length of the remarks at McCain's funeral were decent and I wasn't bored.  I was floored when the Bishop said around 5PM that they had finished with the remarks and were ready for the eulogies. Truth be told  the remarks that approaches liturgies were sufficient.

I actually liked the final eulogy, but lots of my black friends were not pleased

You shouldn't be required to listen closely after 6 hours of varia

Joe