[Magdalen] Once again we begin again......

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 20:51:29 UTC 2019

I've come to the conclusion that the search process in TEC is deeply flawed
becauseI've seen it really seriously screw up, and the reason it screws up
is that in a number of cases search committees and parishes themselves are
very dishonest about who they are and what they REALLY want. They say they
want to grow and thrive, but what they really want to do stay exactly the
way they are, and "don't you dare try to change us!" Been there, seen that.

I don't know how ELCA does their clergy placement either. The only ELCA
church I was in has had the same pastor for quite a few years. I think he's
getting close to retirement age, and I expect he will retire from that
pulpit.