[Magdalen] annual physical

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 19:42:32 UTC 2019

Interesting, ME.  I was prescribed oxycontin in 1992 when I broke my
humerus clean through.  OMG.  I took one or two pills and never felt high.
I was so nauseated and discombobulated from those few doses that I had to
sit down on the floor to let the spinning go away.  I must have had some
lesser pain relief, but I don't remember.  The bone did not knit for 11
months, and did so quite badly.  7 years and 5 surgeries later, my arm was
as good as it would get.  What I most needed was for the pain to stop.  I
finally found a hand surgeon who took everything nonessential out of my
shoulder joint.  That worked.  Even though in one surgery, the long head of
the biceps tendon was cut and placed below the break, I have an good amount
of strength in that arm.  Just don't ask me to throw anything!  Had I taken
the heavy meds, God alone knows how bad my addiction would have been.  With
the alcoholic gene in my family from both parents, I have been careful and
aware of my tendencies.  25 years of smoking cigarettes was enough for me.

I'm guessing that if one can be addicted to CBD oil, I will do that when/if
I begin taking it.

Ginga

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>