[Magdalen] Is the Pub closed?

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 21:43:01 UTC 2019

I like Dollar, Enterprise and Advantage

I used to rent short term at airports every time I traveled for biz but I'm
traveling less now.

I belong to Costco and they have a travel element to their business
discounts and so I can pick my price/model/company through them and get good
deals also.

Real consistent peeve at site of renting: 80% of the time they never have
the economy car I specified in the rental agreement (across the board with
every company I've used). They're always happy to upgrade the car for the
same price. I used to ask for an additional discount because I knew my gas
costs would be greater with a mid-size than an economy and would usually get
some $$ knocked off.

About 3 years ago, renting at the Nashville Airport in February, an SUV was
all they had to give me for my economy car that was not there, and they
would not even give me gas credit. I have to admit that all worked out for
the best as I had the car for 5 days and the worst ice storm and snow storm
in many years hit in TN while I had the SUV and I felt much safer driving a
larger, heavier vehicle.  The biggest hassle was cleaning the frozen ice off
the car when I moved it from my first location at Sewanee to travel to
several parts of the state - it took me at least an hour to make the car
drivable. On my way back to Nashville several days later, there was still
heavy ice on the road cuts where the cold, and several days of total cloud
cover, had prevented any thawing. It had been a long time since I had to
deal with icy or snowy roads, I guess I still had deeply buried skills to do
so : )

Lynn