[Magdalen] After General Synod in Vancouver for ACC lost the marriage amendment vote .

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 19:01:40 UTC 2019

Thanks for sharing that, Scott! I was in almost total denial until I was
28. I was depressed and terrified of what "being gay" would mean for me, my
life and career for the next 7 years.

Ironically enough, it was Don't Ask Don't Tell, which went into effect in
1994, that was the key for me. More and more people were coming out, I was
doing more research and the environment in general was really starting to
change. I started coming out in early '95 at age 35 and within 6 months I
was out to everybody - family, friends, work, college & high school
friends, marching in the Pride Parade. One of my friends at the time called
me Turbo! It was a wonderful, magical, grace-filled time in my life!

Hard to believe it's already been 24 years! I hope to get at least 24 more!
(Turning 60 last week has made me somewhat more introspective!)

Peace, Rick