[Magdalen] Where Were You?

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jul 17 00:35:14 UTC 2019

This is one of those days when one looks back where they were, in thiscase 50 years ago and the successful man on the moon flightof Apollo 11?
I was at an ecumenical prayer service at the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Churchin Berlin, Germany for the safety and success of the astronauts.  Two of mybrothers, Jim, and Paul were with me.  It's that ultramodern blue glass churchsituated in the ruins of the old neo-Romanesque church and it is at the headof the Kurfurstendamm, the elegant shopping street of Berlin.  I lived inFrankfurt/Main at the time.
Berlin was still "West Berlin" then, and we flew into the City on one of thecheap flights that were offered at the time in an effort to keep West Berlinviable.

David Strang.