[Magdalen] To the 'geeks' among us

Allan Carr allanc5 at me.com
Sun Jun 9 21:19:19 UTC 2019

I finally replaced my 2008 iMac and my iPhone 5s with a new iMac and an iPhone XR. The transition was fairly seamless but my documents and some other things did not transition from the old iMac to the new.
Fortunately, everything had been backed up and I was able to go back in the Time Machine and resurrect my documents.

I also was using an old version of Microsoft Office for Mac (I’ve never gotten used to Apple’s Numbers or Pages) which didn’t transition. I saw copies of Office 2019 for sale on line but finally swallowed hard and installed Office 365 for Mac and will pay the subscription believing that programs nowadays have to be up to date to withstand the hacking world, even in Macs.

Allan Carr