[Magdalen] Eucharistic prayer

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 17:40:26 UTC 2019

Fascinating.
I've said before that I've been in discussions with other people who've
been born and educated in countries that were formerly English colonies,
and one of the things that binds us is archaic usage.

"For the" is in common use in New England and, I think, in eastern Canada,
For example, you hear "For the love of Pete!" or "For love nor money/"
Stuff like that. It may just be that it lingers here when it's been long
gone over there.

I have friends who chuckle about the fact that the subjunctive is still
used in Canadian French but hasn't been used in France in a hundred years
or more.
-M