[Magdalen] Corpus Christi

Chad Wohlers chad at satucket.com
Thu Jun 11 18:07:35 UTC 2020

All this reminds me of an old commercial for Hebrew National hot dogs,
where you see Uncle Sam calmly eating a hot dog while the voice-over
says: "The government says we can add ... The government says we can
..." etc.
And then the kicker: "But we answer to a higher authority." (Hebrew
National hot dogs are kosher, needless to say).

So, while Gov. Scott or Gov. Baker, or whoever, say we can do church
again, remember that "we answer to a higher authority".

This has been a topic of discussion on our parish Zoom coffee hour
following the Sunday Zoom service. Nobody seemed to be itching to get
back to "real church". It was pointed out that when we do finally get
back into the building it will be under many restrictions - sitting far
apart, no communion, no shaking hands or hugging at the peace, etc. As
someone commented - "What's the point?".

So we'll be Zooming for a while yet. And one can't ignore a major
advantage of Zoom church - it avoids a half-hour drive down to
Montpelier, so one can sleep an extra half-hour.    ;-)

--
Chad Wohlers
chad at satucket.com
Woodbury, VT   USA