[Magdalen] Garden report

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 25 14:50:42 UTC 2020

I yearn for my back yard in Wisconsin which was covered in the spring with  Nodding triliam,Bloodroot, and in the wetter areas Marsh marigolds, Jack-in-the Pulpits, and Swamp cabbage.And in the midst of it all, a natural spring with ice cold water filled with delicious watercress.

David Strang.

In a message dated 5/24/2020 4:40:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:

> And in our lower flowerbeds, poison ivy and> the ever-present "creeping Virginia", otherwise known as Virginia creeper> (Parthenocissus quinquefolia). which look pretty much alike in their early> stages.

We have a plethora of those too. I call the tree man once or twice a yearto clean out our fence due to the poison ivy.
The violets are all in the grass. We can't have tomatoes because of> black walnuts.