[Magdalen] Nothing new since 9 August?? Here's my news...

Rick Mashburn ricklmashburn at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:08:50 UTC 2022

We've had a busy summer. Alex' mom came from Guadalajara for 3 weeks in
July. We always have fun when she stays with us. His brother Manuel (who
lives in Houston now) came here one of the weekends and we went to Houston
for a brief visit with him the following weekend.. She left on a Saturday
and the following Tuesday, our friend Mary Ann came to San Antonio for a
seminar. We hosted a couple of dinners while she was here.

But the biggest news is Milo - our brand new Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
puppy. He was born on May 24 so he will be twelve weeks old this coming
Tuesday. If you're on Facebook, you've probably seen pics. He's a sweet dog
and we are totally in love. But I had forgotten how much work a new puppy
is! Plus, he's 5 pounds of solid mischief and fun! You can't take your eyes
off him or he will do something dangerous (like pulling on electric cords
or chewing a hole in the rug. We doing crate training though so he gets to
be in the room with us in a safe way. He's still a baby so he sleeps a lot
anyway. But he brings a new life back into the house that has been missing
since Malcolm crossed the Rainbow Bridge in January.

Alex went back to school for teacher in-service last week. The children are
back for orientation on Tuesday and classes resume on Wednesday. Hard to
believe that he will be starting his eighth year at St. George!

I'm still chipping away at building a real estate business. I love it but
building a consistent income is a challenge. I'm having fun with it though.
If you know anyone moving to San Antonio, give them my information! :-D

In July, I became Board Chair for St. Paul's Episcopal Montessori School.
I've been on the board for 3 years or so. At our pre-Covid height, we have
110 or so kids. We're at 96 now. The school has been around since 2006 and
we have outgrown our facility. This is not a good time to launch a capital
campaign so we're going to have our work cut out for us over the next
couple of years!

Peace,

Rick, Alex and Milo